In the digital age, email marketing is one of the most popular ways to market your business. You can also use email marketing to build a relationship with your customers. But, like any other marketing, it’s important to get your email marketing strategy right. Therefore, we are going to share with you a few tips and tricks we have used to build a successful email list for many businesses.
How to build an email list
Target the right audience. It’s good to create a list that looks like your target market. There is a lot you can do to find the right audience for your business. For example, if you are in the advertising business, your goal is to build a list of prospects that are most likely to purchase your product or services. That means that the audience you should choose for your email marketing campaign should be defined by this goal. Choose an email marketing service that comes with advanced demographic tools that help you identify the right audience and email them personalized messages. Mailchimp has been our go-to email marketing service. After your account is set up, let’s look at a few ways to grow your email. list.
- Your social media strategy is crucial to growing your email list. Using consistent posts on social media and properly using relevant hashtags can get your brand/business discovered.
- Giveaways and irresistible offers are a good way to keep your customers engaged and gets them to convert.
- Use videos to send messages across. Videos are one of the most popular forms of content in email marketing campaigns. They’re so engaging that more than 80% of businesses use them, and video consumption is growing 100% every year. To gain authority and trust in your market, consider creating videos that share knowledge in your space. It positions you as the expert.
- On your website, you can activate an exit intent pop up. You can see a conversion rate of 5 to 10% with pop-ups.
- Take advantage of referrals. The customers you already have can be an extension of your marketing team. Over 75% of people are more likely to purchase a new product because they heard about it from a friend or family member.
How to use email marketing to build a relationship with your customers
The first step is to reach out to your customers. Try to get in touch with them on a weekly basis, preferably, once a week or even more often. You can email them with news and updates about your business. Use the latest technology to track your subscriber’s activity and prospects.Most importantly, respond to all the emails. In your replies, ensure to keep them engaged and prompt them with future messages. Ask questions. This is a must, as it gets them to open their emails. Remember to send value with your emails, in the form of free information and content. For example, you can offer a free course to make sure they keep you updated.
How to create a successful email marketing strategy with an email list
A good way to start is by using the platform that will give you the most control and the best results. Before you begin planning your email marketing strategy. However, it’s important to define your goals. Your email marketing campaign will be enhanced with the right goals, to create the perfect results. Here are some goals to consider:
- Brand visibility/awareness
- Build relationships with existing customers through engagement
- Website traffic
It is also important to adopt the segmentation of your email list. Once you have your email list, segment it based on relevant parameters. Email list segmentation can go a long way in making your email marketing strategy more organized and effective. Create engaging email subjects. In addition, an email subject can determine if a subscriber opens your email or not! Keep them short and compelling and test them to optimize their effectiveness. Above all, good quality concise content with a distinct call to action button in a newsletter optimized for mobile will keep your subscribers coming back each time. Be sure not to overwhelm users with tons of emails else you will get them to unsubscribe. Finally, it makes sense to schedule your emails so you can maintain a decent level of consistency. You can use email marketing tools to make your or your clients’ email campaigns more efficient. Mailchimp, Mailerlite, Sendinblue, and HubSpot are some of the best options for you to choose from.
Writing quality content is crucial for a successful email marketing campaign. The more valuable the content you offer, the more likely your subscribers are to pay attention to it. For more ideas and practical advice on how to build a solid email list for your business, sign up for our newsletter here.