Branding is about expressing a company’s personality and values and building consistent user experiences that resonate with a well-engaged community. Your brand is how people think and feel about your business.
Your brand is not just your logo, tagline, or marketing research. It’s all that and more. A strong brand increases credibility, trust, recognition and loyalty.
Here are three critical elements in branding:
1. Brand Strategy
Brand Strategy is the first step needed when starting a brand or rebranding. It is a kind of blueprint for how you want the world to see your brand.
Brand Strategy will tell the world how different, likeable, trustworthy, and reliable you are. In addition, it will communicate your purpose, vision, mission, and values as a brand to potential customers.
A strong brand strategy should include these details as part of the process but not be limited to the following:
- Brand Discovery – Knowing how unique your brand is, its strength and weaknesses, and how it can help customers.
- Competitor Research – Know the competition and beat them in said industry.
- Target Audience – Know who your potential customers are, target them and be consistent.
- Brand Voice – Know the kind of tone your brand needs and stick to it. It can be casual, funny, serious, friendly, down-to-earth or knowledgeable.
- Brand Message & Story – Tells the inception of your brand and the problem it wants to solve. This way, customers have an emotional reaction to your brand.
2. Brand Identity
Brand Identity is the visuals used to show your brand to the world. Your brand identity heavily relies on your brand strategy. So it’s more like bringing the details of your brand strategy to life.
These attributes give recognition to your brand to stand out.
- Colors and fonts
- Patterns and icons
- Website design
- Content and messaging
3. Brand Marketing
Brand marketing is the process of establishing and growing a relationship between a brand and consumers. It involves knowing your target audience and making sales by communicating strategically. It is essential to note that your brand can get recognised offline and online in marketing. Therefore, you should consider the use of both platforms accordingly.
Here are various digital marketing activities that can help magnify your brand.
- User Experience (i.e. your website)
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) & Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Paid Advertising (Pay-Per-Click)
Start Reaping the Benefits of Good Branding.
Branding is vital to a business. Your brand is just as significant as the quality and cost of your product. Branding can change how your brand is perceived. Doing branding the right way will most likely bring new customers into your business and boost your brand’s overall value. Customers notice consistency in brands, which builds trust and credibility over time. It can turn a one time buyer into a loyal customer or an indifferent audience into a brand advocate. Do you want to stand out from the competition? Get a unique brand that is practical and remembered.
Not sure where to start with your brand? We help clients pinpoint emerging opportunities and find incredible value by harnessing the full power of digital. Please send us a message.